Accurate measurement results: Sensors for start/stop systems
A network of different vehicle sensors provides the control unit with the latest status data to achieve optimum control of the start/stop function.
- The neutral position sensor indicates whether a gear is engaged.
- The wheel speed sensor detects the direction of wheel rotation and standstill of the wheel.
- The intelligent crankshaft sensor signals the engine activity.
- The brake booster differential pressure sensor monitors the pressure in the brake booster during the stop phase for engine starting in the event of a drop in pressure. Servo action is thus ensured.
- The electronic battery sensor (EBS) monitors the battery power status.